Sunday, March 11, 2012

(Movie) The Grey... It's REAL wolf in REAL LIFE people!

Yes. I just watched The Grey yesterday. In my laptop obviously. Got it from a friend at campus, Bang Eko. :D I actually planned to watched in on the cinema a few weeks ago. Simply because I was curious about the movie. The poster is so simple with Liam Neeson face in that 'hard look' expression planted on his face and snows around his face and then there's Liam Neeson printed right on his forehead. *chuckled. The sinopsis was a bit standard too for me.I mean they said about wolves thing and fight. I thought I could imagine what will happened there on the movie, including the ending. BUT the movie was peaked at number one in box office on the first week. That was intriguing. I was oh-so-curious I wanted to watched it on the cinema but never really made it. I came to the cinema a few times but always ended up with another movie. One day I made up my mind that I had to watch it no matter how so I went to the cinema alone but damn the movie wasn't playing there anymore.. -__-

But thanks to Bang Eko, cause he downloaded it. I finally could fullfil this great uncontained passion and urge to watch the movie. and it was sooo great. :D

Well first thing I want to say about the movie is that I didn't expect it to be that good. Not that I tend to underestimate the movies on the mainstream these days. It was just that since january this years I've watched many movies since that I'm not a full time worker anymore, (lol) and from those I've seen, only one or two that really worth my time and my money. *sigh

Even some movies that had brought some big names on hollywood. It was really dissapointing.

The second about the movie is, it is not a ngasal movie. lol. I don't know how to say that in English. Ngasal means when you make something, you don't really care about how good the result be. You just need it to be done. That's ngasal. And this movie from my perception-and I really dont want people rely into it since that I'm not an expert or something just a person who enjoy movies so much- this movie is anything but ngasal. At least from the story side, while the effect, I'm sure there are still lots of movie with better effects out there. But it wasnt an issue cause the 'message' I got there was more than enough to cover the effects flaw. Actually this ngasal word first came out this morning at 3 am. I put the poem that made by Ottway's father (John Ottway, the main character on this movie played by Liam Neeson) on my status and one of my friend asked me whether the movie was good or not.

So the movie is about this group of workers on a far away jungle circled by mountains and snows that got on a plane to went to their home. Unfortunately the plane crashed and there were only seven of the passengers remained. That was including Ottway who was a sniper that hired to protect the workers from any wolves who came near them in their workplace.

Then the adventure begun. They were looking for a way or two to survived and found any help. Obviously they couldnt just wait for any people came and rescued them. Some of them were criminals actually that was why they thought no one really care if the plane crashed. But then at night they were being visited by some wolves. Apparently the place where their plane crashed was in a pack of wolves's teritorial. Ottway being the one who was before hired to protect them from the wolves now was in charge. Gradually he told them about the nature of the wolves. This one was my another reason why I wanted to watched this movie so bad. The information was logic and real. about real wolves. how dangerous and deadly wolves could be. Since there were lots of cute werewolves out there on the TV nowadays. :p

They decided to moved at least to a place out of the wolves 450 miles teritory though they didnt quite sure where would that place be. no compass no gps.There along the way one by one of the seven men hunted down by the wolves. Untill at the end, Ottway was the one who left. He then arrived in a place that in the last minutes that the movie would be likely came to an end he realised it was apparently the wolves den.

What caught my interest was the conflict on each men that started to revealed by the time left. Each of them has their own personal characteristics that while the story might be a lil borring somehow brought colours to the scene. How in order to survived not only from the wolves but the craziness that could easily came due to the situation they were currently in, they shared their emotions and memories to each other. that was very beautiful for me. since they were all men.

Then from the beginning we've been shown that Ottway was struggle with himself. He has some issues on a personal level that he couldnt stand, untill on the last night before they got into the plane Ottway even tried to killed himself. Then there were flashes of a woman who keep saying "don't be afraid" to Ottway. Later we'd find out that she was his wife. In the opening we saw Ottway wrote about that how much he loved her but that she left him. When Ottway being the one who left alive he got frustated and screamed to the sky about faith about how he would believe in God untill the day he die if God could help him etc. That was when nothing happened and Ottway whispered to himself that he must rely on himself alone. He then arrived in a place. Not so long some wolves came and circled him. That time he realised that he was in the wolved den. And there we got another flashed of a woman said "don't be afraid". then the camera showed us an IV. I guess his wife gone because a desease or something. That's why Ottway lost his faith to God because God took what he loved most. I dont know. and the most interesting is Ottway started to armed himself and he stand in a fight position and then he recited his father's poem (Once more into the fray, into the the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day).

Then the end.

So we never know whether Ottway survived or not. I think that was when the film maker gave the chance to us to answer that question to ourselves alone. The question they've brought to us silently about the existence of God. Its quite heavy for a movie but good afterall.

Haaahh so thats all I want to share about the moviee.. Peace love and gahoooll... *wink

No comments:

Post a Comment